Some random observations about Thailand:
- Lots of scam artists, but mostly nice people
- The Bangkok Marriott Spa and Resort is amazing, but not the real Thailand (it has Benihana and Trader Vic’s after all
- 7-Eleven is more common here than anything else. I guess gas stations killed that in the US, but it’s also common in Japan, Norway, Sweden, and I’m sure other places.
- Sizzler… yes, they have a perfect franchise of it in Chiang Mai at the mall near the airport. Unlike places like Robinson (a rip of the old Robinsons-May), JayMart, and iStudio which clearly are not the same. Nor is the coffee and computer shop down the street sells Apple computers. It’s called Orange and uses an inverted Apple logo.
- So many simple, multipurpose, affordable things here.
- All of the orange juice here is bright orange as they use mandarin oranges. Strawberry juice is common and cheap. Dragon fruits look more amazing than they taste.
And yes, I know I still haven’t finished blogging about last year’s amazing trip.