After 15+ hours of cars, planes, and trains, we arrived in Paris on April 2nd, for one night at least before heading to Béziers. We managed to avoid a variety of potential travel delays and arrived on-time for everything. We had a quick stop in London at the BA first class lounge to recharge a bit after the 10 hour flight from Phoenix, then a short hop to Paris. We then hopped on the RER B to get into Paris, and the RER D to end up at our hotel near Gare de Lyon.
We had a surprising amount of energy, so we took a short stroll that ended up lasting about 4 hours and many miles around the Seine. Some highlights from this walking tour:
- Started at Gare de Lyon and walked through the Marais region
- Large Juliet statue near the Bastille metro station
- Through the Place des Vosges right before it closed
- The typical amazing French architecture and museums throughout this area
- Excellent galette at Creperie Suzette
- Walked past the Pompidou Centré
- Some amazing graffiti near an older cathedral
- Excellent building (hotel or theatré?) lit up in blue
- Notre Dame cathedral and the Cité
- Saint-Michel and the left bank
- … and so much more…
Photos to follow when I find a more stable internet connection.